Instead of discussing the drama that went down at the Oscars last night, I want to analyze the red carpet instead.
I don’t want to ramble on about all the drama that Twitter has already covered; I really just want to gossip about these more modern looks instead of about Warren Beatty being confused...
Anyway, here is a quick re-cap:
- Viola Davis is the first black actress to win an Oscar, Emmy, and Tony.
- Dakota Johnson dressed like an Oscar, and we’re okay with it. She stunned in the bell-like dress from Gucci.
- Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan have made us feel awkward just watching them through the television.
- Chrissy Teigen snoozed her way through the award show.
- Jimmy Kimmel gassed up Meryl, while also mocking Trump.
- Nicole Kidman is meme of the month with that terrible camera angle.
I know I’m missing so much but the red carpet is the best part about the award shows.
Viola Davis dressed to win in her new bob cut and Armani Privé vermillion silky red gown with a bold silhouette. Davis was nominated for Best Supporting actress for her role in Fences, and made history last night. If this gown doesn’t say I’m going to win an Oscar tonight, I don’t know what does.
Taraji P. Henson went with this hip-hugging velvet gown by Alberto Ferretti, and she came to step out; even the other guests noticed.
Janelle Monáe stunned us in a suit with a skirt over top, a nice feminine touch from Elie Saab. Her stylist, Maeve Reilly, noted that this dress was special and something different, and it worked for Janelle because it’s the perfect dress you wear when you are nominated for two awards, and for your first Oscar.