Living in New York City is definitely one of the most appealing things about being a student at LIM College. Not only is it the center of the fashion industry in the United States, but it is also the entertainment capital too. I am going to list my Top 5 places to go and things to see with your family when they come to visit you in New York City.
5. Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island This may seem a little touristy for a certified New Yorker, but these are landmarks I think everyone should see. Being able to step on the same ground as so many people who have made our country great is one of the coolest feelings in the world.
4. Broadway Shows Although I am not a huge fan of musicals, this is something everyone should do. Even if you see Shrek (which I did and it was AWESOME), or one of the more renown shows such as The Phantom of the Opera or Les Misérables, you need to see a Broadway show.
3. NYC Street Fairs You can pretty much walk anywhere in Manhattan on a Saturday and find a street fair. These are a lot of fun.
2. The Metropolitan Museum of Art This is, by far, one of the finest museums in the country. Even if you aren’t an art buff, going to this museum is more than worth it. And there’s a student discount!
1. Yankee Stadium This stadium is amazing and there is so much to see there. The atmosphere at a Yankees game is second to none. It is an awesome place to go with your family, even if you don’t have the most amazing seats in the stadium or you aren’t a huge baseball fan. Honestly, you don’t even need to watch the game to have fun.