Fashion and the business of fashion are both fun and hard work. Sometimes you need a little inspiration! Here are a few of our favorite quotes about the business (and philosophy) of fashion.
1. “Trendy is the last stage before tacky.” — Karl Lagerfeld
2. “Fashion is not necessarily about labels. It’s not about brands. It’s about something else that comes from within you.” — Ralph Lauren
3. “Fashion has always been a repetition of ideas. But what makes it new is the way you put it together.” — Carolina Herrera
4. “In a machine age, dressmaking is one of the last refuges of the human, the personal, the inimitable.” — Christian Dior
5. “Even if I’m completely unsure, I’ll pretend I know exactly what I’m talking about and make a decision.” — Anna Wintour
6. “Digital has really made the fashion industry a lot more transparent. So people can see and understand how the industry really works, and participate in an industry that was very inaccessible to people. The only thing that people used to see before was the end product. Anyone can participate in it now.” — Imran Amed
7. “Fashion is all about happiness. It’s fun. It’s important. But it’s not medicine.” — Donatella Versace