Top 10 Clubs to Participate in
posted by LIM College
By Krystal Baptiste
At LIM College, you should be doing more than just going to class and then going home. You want to enjoy the whole college experience. LIM College is a place to make friends, build your skills, develop new hobbies, and add extracurricular activities to your resume. There are many clubs and activities that you can participate in. Here are the top ten clubs and activities at LIM College.
- LIM Writer’s Circle: If you are a writer or dream of a career in journalism, then this is the perfect club for you. You can participate as a writer, photographer, editor, etc., and get hands-on experience interacting with others in a journalism-inspired environment.
- Yearbook Club: Here is another journalism-related activity, but this one is more visually driven. You will have the opportunity to take photographs, put together a yearbook for graduates, and edit the story of a year at LIM.
- Fashion Styling Club: Many students at LIM aspire to become fashion stylists or celebrity stylists and the Fashion Styling Club is the perfect club to start your career. You will gain hands-on experience and learn how to style outfits for major fashion events.
- Event Production Club: Relevant for all event planning and fashion styling majors. Learn how to market and network with professionals in a party setting and produce your own fashion show!
- Visual Merchandising Club: Benefitting all visual merchandising students who want to gain hands-on experience working with mannequins and styling in a retail or corporate setting.
- BRAG: BRAG, also known as the Black Retail Action Group, focuses on all aspects of fashion retail, merchandising, marketing, and management. It’s a great way to network with wonderful retail professionals.
- SLAB: SLAB, or the Student Life Activities Board, gives you the experience to become more involved with the student life office at LIM. You’ll work with various clubs, assist and produce events, and learn event planning from the pros.
- Student Council: The members of the LIM Student Council are representatives of our school, as well as a source of information. If you see yourself as a first-rate LIM delegate, then this is the club for you!
- Dance Team: The last thing you want to do is stress about homework and extra project work. Join the dance team to relax, de-stress, and have fun. It’s a great workout too.
- Mentor Program: LIM is big on giving back to the community, especially concerning incoming students. Think of yourself as a big brother or big sister. You will provide incoming freshmen with guidance, advice, info on the best places to shop, and also create a new friendship.